The only way that this book can happen is with your help.
The ways you can help are quite simple.
1. Make a post about how important this book is and include the book’s Tumblr for people to check out.
2. Write something to submit for the book if you are eating disordered (recovery or not) or if you have been a part of someone’s journey, explain how it has been on the outside.
3. Tell people that you think might want to be involved and tell them they can contact me or check out this Tumblr.
4. Contact me if you have any questions if you are curious or if you want to be involved but you aren’t sure what to say.
5. Just reblog this post to share with others or just a link to the Tumblr.
That’s all you need to do, we just have to spread the word in any way we can because this book cannot happen without the help of the people who write for the book.
I know that this book we will touch people and get eating disorder awareness out there and I can’t do it without your help.
My name is Jes (100mugsofcoffee.tumblr.com) and I am in recovery for anorexia. This blog is a way to spread awareness for my project, No More Silence - The Book.
I am wanting to get together as many different stories I can about people’s personal struggles with their eating disorders and giving people a glimpse into their lives. I want this book to be as open and honest as possible, so that people may get the chance to truly understand how diverse eating disorders really are.
If you are a writer, or you have written something about your eating disorder, please contact me. You can be anonymous or not, it is completely up to you.
Write about your struggles, when your eating disorder started, what you have/were diagnosed with, how it affected you and everyone else in your life and where you are currently (recovery or relapse). I want the stories to be between 500-1000 words, no more than that since I am wanting to get together as many stories as I possibly can.
If you are interested, please either message me here in my inbox or email me at email@example.com for more information.
I will be doing fundraising, but first I need enough stories to get people interested in the book.
I really hope I can do this, but I can’t without the stories. They are the most important things. People need to understand better, so this is a way to raise awareness and get your story out there.
Please let people know and get my idea out there, the more people that know and want to contribute, the bigger chance I have of actually achieving the goal. So please feel free to reblog this post or make a post of your own, letting people know what I am wanting to do and let me know.
Also, feel free to follow this Tumblr, I will be giving updates along the way.
Love you all.